“Enhancing the TrueNAS Product Line: iXsystems Announces Expansion on StorageReview.com”
iXsystems: Revolutionizing Data Storage with TrueNAS SCALE and their New R-Series Storage Systems
iXsystems, the creators of the popular TrueNAS (formerly FreeNAS), are taking the industry by storm once again with their latest developments in hardware and software expansion. TrueNAS, already recognized as a leading storage solution, is now introducing the TrueNAS SCALE Open Source HyperConverged Infrastructure (HCI) Platform, along with the latest addition to their R-Series storage systems. These new systems deliver exceptional density, performance, flexibility, and cost-efficiency.
FreeNAS, now consolidated under the TrueNAS brand, boasts three main offerings:
– TrueNAS CORE: The community edition with support for File, Block, Object, and Application storage.
– TrueNAS Enterprise: The Enterprise edition with additional security and integration features.
– TrueNAS SCALE: The new hyperconverged edition with scaleout ZFS, KVM, and Kubernetes capabilities.
The TrueNAS R-Series storage solution is a budget-friendly option for users who demand high performance and reliability. It supports all three versions of TrueNAS and comes in four different models, each designed to suit different workgroup needs.
– TrueNAS R50: A 4U system with 48 x 3.5″ / 4 x 2.5″ NVMe bays, up to 16 CPU cores, and a maximum capacity of 890TB starting at $9,990 MSRP.
– TrueNAS R40: A high-density 2U all-flash system with 48 x 2.5″ and 7mm bays, up to 16 CPU cores, and 360TB of flash storage priced at $8,990 MSRP.
– TrueNAS R20: A 2U system with 12 x 3.5″ and 2 x 2.5″ bays, up to 16 CPU cores, and 230TB capacity starting at $4,990 MSRP.
– TrueNAS R10: A compact 1U all-flash system with 16 x 2.5″ and 7mm bays, up to 10 CPU cores, and 120TB of capacity priced at $5,990 MSRP.
But the big news is the addition of TrueNAS SCALE. This Linux-based HCI system, released two weeks ago, is officially announced today and is already creating a buzz in the industry. SCALE, which stands for Scale-out, Converged, Active-active, Linux containers, Easy-to-manage, offers a unique and easily scalable HCI platform for converged compute and scale-out Open ZFS storage. It is available as an open source Debian-Linux based software or as an appliance-based solution, capable of operating from a single node up to over 100 storage nodes with additional compute-only nodes.
To top it off, iXsystems has also expanded their enterprise grade tools with TrueCommand, now available as a cloud offered solution in addition to the existing local solution. This gives users a single, easy-to-use interface to manage and monitor their home labs or enterprises. This further solidifies iXsystems’ commitment to Open Storage and their ongoing efforts to provide valuable tools for their partners and community.
iXsystems is undoubtedly revolutionizing data storage with TrueNAS SCALE and their R-Series storage systems. Stay updated with their latest developments by subscribing to their newsletter, YouTube channel, and following them on social media. Don’t miss out on engaging with them through their podcast, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and RSS Feed.